Ömer KESIKLI, LLM (Founding Partner)
Registered to Istanbul Bar Association.
– Galatasaray University Faculty of Law, Juris Doctorate (J.D) – candidate,
– Istanbul Bilgi University, Master of Business Law, Istanbul (L.L.M),
– Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham, Alabama, Master of Comparative Law (M.C.L) Program,
– Marmara University, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law, İstanbul (L.L.B)
Languages: Turkish and English.
Omer Kesikli is the founding partner of Kesikli Law Firm (“Firm”). Before the inception of the Firm, he worked for reputable energy and contracting companies as their legal advisor and In-House Legal Counsel. His past experiences as the legal advisor of both investor and contractor companies coupled with his legal educational background enable him to deeply understand his clients’ concerns and to advise them on effective allocation of the relevant risks of their businesses appropriately.
Throughout his professional career, Mr. Kesikli has advised a number of local and foreign corporations and handled a broad range of corporate, commercial and regulatory matters internationally and locally regarding various aspects of Turkish Law including consortiums and joint ventures; structuring share purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, guarantee arrangements, strategic alliances, project development agreements, providing legal advice on corporate transactions, competition law, project finance, privatizations, energy law and regulatory matters, public tenders, construction law, EPC Projects, labor law, tax law and foreign investments.
Legal500 EMEA – 2018 remarks that Omer Kesikli has ‘vast experience and know-how in the energy business’ and advises on inbound and outbound investment into energy projects.
Legal500 EMEA – 2018 recognizes Omer Kesikli as a leading individual in Real Estate & Construction practices.
Legal500 EMEA – 2017 recognizes Omer Kesikli as a leading individual in Real Estate & Construction practices.
Legal500 EMEA – 2016 remarks that Omer Kesikli ‘has extensive knowledge and experience of power projects, both in Turkey and abroad’.
Legal500 EMEA – 2016 recognition: Led by founding partner Omer Kesikli, Kesikli Law Firm specialises in domestic and international construction and engineering projects, including power and energy projects, factories and industrial facilities.
Legal500 EMEA – 2015 recognizes Omer Kesikli as a leading individual in Real Estate & Construction practices.
Legal 500 EMEA – 2015 describes Mr. Kesikli as a ‘first-class’ partner attracting high praise as having ‘keen knowledge of the power industry’, ‘commerciality’ and ‘dedication to his clients’.
Selected Publications & Speeches
– 2016 Edition of Energy Book, Global Legal Insights, Turkey Chapter, (published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London)
– 2016 Edition of International Comparative Legal Guides to Construction and Engineering (published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London)
– Legislative Changes to Incentives For Electricity Generation, February 2016, published at: www.internationallawoffice.com
– Perspectives on the Energy Sector, published at: www.internationallawoffice.com
– Consequences of Termination of Public Procurement Contracts, published at: www.internationallawoffice.com
– 2015 Edition of Energy Book, Global Legal Insights, Turkey Chapter, (published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London)
– 2015 Edition of International Comparative Legal Guides to Construction and Engineering (published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London)
– Turkey Tax Guide 2015
– EPC Contracts and Limitation of Liability, (presented at the International Conference on Energy and Management 2014)
– Essential Legal Aspects of Acquisitions under Turkish Law (presented at the International Legal and Accountancy Solutions Conference in Istanbul, 2014)
– Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards in Turkey
– Power Plant Construction Contract (EPC Contract) and Some of Its Essential Provisions From a Perspective of Risk Allocation and Financing Requirements (presented at the ICCI International Energy & Environment Fair and Conference in 2012)
– International Arbitration and Arbitrability from the United States Perspective
– W. Scott Simpson & Omer Kesikli, The Contours of Arbitration Discovery, 67 Alabama Lawyer 280 (2006).